25 December 2013

One Christmas Morning

It is during these times that I miss Philippines the most. *Sigh (long and deep). It's already the second year that we are spending Christmas in Ireland. With us being together, I know I have nothing to complain about. We have made friends and family here, albeit not by blood, in the past two years that lessens the homesickness somehow.

It's just that it's really different in this part of the world. Christmas here isn't celebrated as loud, as warm and as festive back home, in my opinion. Or maybe it's just the cultural differences I haven't grown accustomed to. After all, it's just our second Christmas here. It might take a lifetime for me to get used to the silence of the neighbouring houses on this very special day. 

Nonetheless, Christmas is Christmas. Jesus was born and gave us a chance at eternity. As for us, we are together, cuddling each other on Christmas morning. We might not be the recipient of warms hugs and greetings from our loved ones today, but in God's time I know we will soon be. In the meantime, we take comfort that our parents, our siblings and our nieces and nephews are all healthy. That, alone, is the single most important blessing today. 


Merry Christmas everyone. It is my prayer that we remember the reason for this season---it's Jesus. If you have Him in your home today, everything else---the neatly packed gifts, the overflowing food on the table, even the presence of loved ones--- is just icing on the cake.


Maligayang Pasko. Merry Christmas!


No comments :