28 September 2015

Autumn in Marlay

One can feel it in the chill of the air and notice it in the changing colour of the leaves. There's no denying autumn has arrived in Ireland. Incidentally, the arrival of autumn coincides with the beginning of my second trimester. The change in my aura and my mood are noticeable but the best change amongst them all is the decrease in the infamous nausea, both in intensity and frequency. That's enough for me to utter Hallelujah! So hello there autumn. And hello second trimester. 

Since I'm feeling a little better and is in a better mood for sight-seeing, R drove me to Marlay Park, one of our favorite chill out parks in Dublin. I'd say spring time is still the best season to visit this vast park, but since we missed going there last spring, we figured it might be worth our while to see it in autumn.

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon when we visited. The sun was up, the sky was ocean blue and since it was just the beginning of autumn, it was still warm enough for a light attire. There was a weekend market offering variety of food and snacks, so how can it not be a perfect chill out place on weekend? 

Some autumn sights for you:


The weekend market: (find R queuing for crepe and me devouring it later)


The Regency Walled Garden that you just have to see in spring and now in autumn too:


Some florals, bees, apple trees and archway at the kitchen garden:




Me at 14 weeks:



Marlay Park: 




No comments :