09 January 2016

Thank You 2015, Hello 2016

A week into 2016 and here I am, still on the stage of bidding 2015 goodbye. I've always tried to make a year-end post just to recap the most important things that happened in the year that was, to recall the events when God's grace was most evident and when I felt most loved by R.

If I summed it all up in one post where I experienced all of those, it would be when God answered our most cherished prayer. Hands down and hands up too (praise God!), our pregnancy is the most exciting event that has ever happened in my life and in our marriage to date. To know that a little human being is growing inside me, fearfully and wonderfully, just leaves me awestruck every single time.

2015 was truly a year of trusting God more than ever and leaning not on my own understanding but on His. Half of 2015 was a faith-stretching time. It was during the first half of 2015 when God worked deeply in the ugly areas of my heart which I am rather not proud to share in details here. Let's just say the Lord kept asking me this question: "Am I not enough Lai?" and I, on the other hand, was having a hard time surrendering to the Lord's will, wishing I could control my plans, my dreams. But I know too well that God is more concerned on my character development than  the fulfilment of my heart's desires. It was a tug of war between me and the Lord but God's grace pulled me closer and closer and took me a little deeper till I came to a point of letting go and letting God and having that unexplainable peace in my heart.  God's love won me over and cast away all my fears.

The second half of 2015 was a fulfilment of God's faithfulness, it's a harvest time after a long wintertime of waiting for our first child. It was a sweet sweet time my dear friends. I have enjoyed my pregnancy so far and I just can't wait to see him, to hold him, to smell him.

So thank you 2015, for teaching me to trust His timing and His will.

Hello there 2016. My heart swells for the new season that's about to come. I'm truly glad you're here. :) 2016 will be a life-altering year for us. I've always heard and read that nothing can fully prepare you to be a parent, that no amount of books or advices can fully prep you up to do parenthood right and that sometimes, you just have to go by your instinct and what makes work for you. So R and I made a parenting rule early on---we will make mistakes and that's okay. :)

Photos from the third of January when we walked by the sea and relished a beautiful sunset and the smell of the sea:



No comments :