27 March 2010

You don't take a photograph...

Finally bought myself a camera necklace and had a fun time taking photos of it last weekend.  This one was taken in front of our house. That red bokeh there was actually my blouse hanging in the clothesline. I just love the summer afternoon light and the warmth it brings to photos. On where photography has taken me still surprises me most of the times. But I think I've fallen in love with it because it gave me a different perspective, a different lens to look at life, if I may put it that way. 

When I look at this photo, I remember my father sitting in his "kubo" and taking a siesta. I remember my nieces going about just outside the house playing with the other children in the neighbourhood. I remember just falling in love with the lemony light. Oh yep, photography made me feel cheesy and poetic like this. Like the quote says, we don't take photos, we borrow it, or to be specific, we just borrow moments. Because that afternoon and that moment weren't just mine. They too, belonged to others. 

No comments :