28 January 2014

Project Life: Unraveling this gift called Life





Here's my official green light at Project Life. For the past three weeks, we have been so caught up in our house move and location change that this project needed to take a backseat for a while.  As of this writing though, I am officially unemployed and I am unexpectedly back to wearing my "full-time housewife" hat. On why I am unemployed is a different story altogether which I am not yet ready to write.  But I will be, one these days I will be. Now that I have loads of time at my disposal, more of my heart will be poured out in words. That I can guarantee.

Just as I committed to write more this year and to do creative stuff that will stretch me, I forced myself to finally do the Project Life which I learned about in 2012. It is a simple scrapbook/album/memory keeping project that aims to stir us ladies to cultivate a good life and record it. Before 2013 ended, my heart's cry to give it a try was so intense I could hardly stop from Pinterest-ing it and reading about this and that.

In 2013, I found life passing by so swiftly. It felt like I was racing with life itself. I felt that if I actually paused I'd be left behind. Needless to say I was also very disorganised in the past year---my photos remain unedited and unpublished, most blogposts remain in the draft folder, most thoughts and reflections remain just that, thoughts and reflections.

Through Project Life, I aim to hit three birds in one stone: to unravel life slowly, to journal reflections especially during the hard times and to get my photos edited and organised.

I also aim to give the mundane ordinary days an exposure they deserve. I truly believe that is in between these ordinary days that life hides its greatest treasures even though they don't get to be shared in FB and IG. It is that stroll in the park holding hands with the hubby and talking about our dreams that are yet to come true, it's in the few words in the bible that provide a silver lining to a very difficult day, it's the friendly conversation I had with an old lady in a bus, it's those simple yet wise advise given by mama, just to name a few.

Let's unravel life, shall we?

At home doing the project. I am in love with the white furniture and wide window glasses at home!

My Project Life 2014 - simply unraveling the gift called life. :)

No comments :