15 November 2011

Life is not all about Work

"Still you hear me when I'm calling
Lord you catch me when I'm falling
And you told me who I am...
I am Yours...."


For the past two weeks, my work life has been a helluva roller coaster ride, with a big sudden dip splashing me with criticisms and testing my self-esteem earned in the last seven years in the market place. But I was just briefly reminded that my security should not be placed on work. "What do workers gain from their toil?" asks Solomon in Ecclesiastes. Life isn't just about work. Though I've been failing more and succeeding a little in my current marketplace, I don't have to be insecure especially when I'm fully aware that I've been giving my best.  

If I'm sad about work, that doesn't mean I should be sad about life in general. It's a big part, yes, because I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and work, I've learned in my Christian walk is a ministry, a place where I can use well the talents I've been granted with, a place for training to relate to people, to practice love and kindness. But it's not all.

If I lose my work now, I won't grumble, I won't complain. It won't be the end of the world because I know, God will still take care of me. I'm secure in my place in His place somewhere out there. God loves me no matter what,  He hears me when I call, He catches me when I fall, and He always tells me who I am. :)


No comments :