23 August 2012

Day 10: Instagram Lovin'

10/30: Instagram. So the Instagram bug has finally hit me! A bit too late i knoooow, but hey, I just earned the right to hubby's rustic iPhone3 when I arrived in Dublin. Talking about conjugal properties, I immediately claimed co-ownership of all things that could snap photos! :)

I dare say Instagram has its own magic although truth be told, nothing beats the sharp/focused photos produced by DSLRs. Dublin is both photogenic and Instagram-genic! And for someone who is a shutterbug and who loves capturing the simple, mundane things in everyday life, Instagram is one awesome tool! Just snap, choose a filter, then hit the publish button and you're photos are good to go! Only a week using it and look what I've got:


Each photo I take here reminds me of God's goodness. My heart soars with gladness now that hubby and I are reunited in a place where our past time is a walk in the park or a stroll to the river nearby, or just a photowalk within the streets of Dublin.

OAN (on another note), homesickness strikes me every now and then, although not too strong to make me pack my bags and go home. I don't know with other Pinoys abroad, but it would be a big fat lie to say that I'm not missing my country Philippines just because I am somewhere in Europe now, an upgrade from the third world country where I spent 30 years of my so-called life. I love being here, but I reckon it's true what an expat I used to work with said. "When you leave your country, you don't totally leave it, because you're carrying a big chunk of it wherever you go!" To ease this feeling, I think it's about time for me to find a work. Just to share the conversation that hubby and I had last Sunday:

L: Babe, is this normal?
R: What?
L: This feeling of homesickness. (Sigh). I miss Philippines, I miss CCF (church), I miss my family, I miss my friends, I even miss my job there!
R: Do you want to go back?
L: No.
R: Why?
L: Because you're here. Diba dapat para akong si Ruth (from the bible and then sing) "Wherever you go, I will go... Wherever you live, there shall I be... Your people will be my people too, and your God, my God."
R: (Smile). Thanks Lai for being here. You'll get through that. It's just a phase. When you found a job here, you won't have time to feel homesick anymore. 
L: Shucks!!!! Pwedeng wag muna ko mag-work?
R: Of course. No hurry.

I had my own share of sacrifices going here. For one, I already loved my job in PH and given some time and steady commitment, I knew I'd be given the opportunity to travel, work and move up. I even had to turn down a job invitation from this dream company in Ortigas because I knew I'd move to Ireland soon after the wedding. Hubby is not hurrying me or anything, after all I've been here just 12 days.

Sooner, I have to be a responsible adult and find a spot in the marketplace here because I strongly believe, God wants me to work and interact with the people of Ireland. I know it would be a start from scratch again but it was one of the sacrifices I gladly signed up for in this marriage. In the meantime, please bear with my photos (Instagram and DSLR-taken) and ramblings till the calling of a JOB consume me! :)

No comments :