03 October 2012

Day 15: Sunset Spotting

15/30: Taking Photos Together. Yay, it's my 15th post to the 30-day blogging challenge, half way there! I was supposed to write for 30 consecutive days but realized my energy and my vocabulary can only pen thoughts sporadically, not consecutively. Even so, I'm carrying on no matter how long it takes because I learned that somewhere, somehow, someone reads my blog. Thank you, thank you so much. Your sweet messages keep this blog brewing. :)

Since relocating to Dublin, I've been busy domesticating myself and just lately, been busy sending job applications. I've also rekindled my love affair with photography and nature. Challenging at times given the notoriously unpredictable weather in Ireland.

One of the things hubby and I enjoy doing together is capturing sunsets, no cost attached, just our willing feet and eyes. Our mini collection of sunsets in Ireland will tell you why we love catching it. Last September, we saw a lovely sunset while strolling along River Liffey. Sharing with you the photos from that one fine day.


Some folks admiring the view the same way we did:

The Ha'ppeny and the Millennium Bridges:

And then there was us:

Filled with awe on the beauty of sunset, I'm reminded of what I wrote 9 months ago:
"Sunsets in Ireland will always remind me that God has taken me to a place I never thought I'd ever go to, that there's a reward in waiting patiently, and most of all, that He is a God of awesome surprises, that He gives you something (or someone) at the time when you are just ready to notice it and be grateful for it." 
How awesome it is to look back and realize the same words I wrote about yesterday speak to me now while I patiently wait and pray for a job (that does not involve the kitchen area). I still have the very same God who surprises me, whose plan is always better than mine. Waiting can be tough, but God is the best companion while waiting. He has proven that in my life, in our lives, one time too many. I trust the same God who paints the sky with colors in His perfect time when we're out there and ready with our hearts and cameras. :) 

2 comments :

Angeli said...

Beautiful sunsets, inspiring thoughs!x

Laidel said...

Thanks for dropping by Anj! :))