26 October 2012

Day 19: In Awe of Autumn, In Awe of You

19/30:  Autumn Again. Yet again, my feet brought me to St. Stephen's Green Park where the autumn season had rendered me speechless for the first time. As I sat there in the park taking in the delightful fusion of yellow, red and orange below and above the ground, I couldn't help but be awestruck of God's invention of autumn. I know Science has an explanation as to why leaves are changing colors and falling inevitably from their mother tree and all that stuff. But don't you wonder what God was thinking when He created autumn?

I read somewhere that the ultimate sacrifice of leaf-bearing trees in the autumn is the ultimate visual pleasure for us. So I'd like to think that when God created autumn, He was thinking of me! :) Experiencing autumn used to be just a dream. I know that God has purposefully allowed my first full autumn in Ireland to be a time of taking pleasure in nature, a time to harness some skills, a time of waiting, a time to be content and a time to practice faith more than anything else. Sometimes, it's easy to lose sight of how far God has taken me. But right there, in that moment, filled with awe and gratitude, I was reminded.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." (Ecc. 3:1)

 Dear God, thank you so much for this fab autumn, and please help me endure the coooold winter. I know I will be under Your tender loving care (TLC) through all the seasons in my life :)


2 comments :

--- said...

These are stunning photos! Love your eye :)

Laidel said...

Thanks Rincy! for dropping by and taking time! :)