14 October 2012

Day 16: Just an Ordinary Day

16/30: A Tale of a Full Time Housewife. Someone asked hubby what I usually do while he's serving time in the office. Okay, I'll let you in to my ordinary day. I spend majority of my time at home (where else huh?) accomplishing all the not-so-glamorous-but-heroic stuff associated with running a livable home which I'd rather not write about. If you've read about my quest to learn how to cook, then that's one. Aside from the domestic stuff, I connect with friends and family through internet (we owe a lot to its inventor, don't cha think?). I read. I write. I have quiet times. I dream. I sleep.

My ordinary day is full of pretty ordinary activities. But you know what? I'm totally embracing this phase especially the days when the infamous Irish weather is fine (a.k.a. a day of blue sky and sunshine) because that means I'll get to see the world outside the four corners of our tiny home. A fine weather is always an exception to my ordinary day. It's a breather to be out there in a lovely autumn day capturing these little things that refill my zest for life:

Autumn photos on 12 October 2012: 

I won't lie, I have my worries about "waiting," but God has provided for my every need every single day in the past 30 years. That thing alone reminds me over and over again to simply embrace ordinary days with a grateful and expectant heart. I have a great God who is in control, just so you know. :)

P.S. I got to see a wedding photo shoot on a fine autumn day. Lovely! :)

No comments :