04 December 2016

Flowers from the Husband

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE | DAY 4


I happened to be married to someone who lavishes me with flowers every month. Well maybe not every month this year as compared to previous years, but that is completely okay. I'm still grateful to R for making sure my love language of receiving flowers is well taken care of. 

Flower-giving this year to celebrate our monthsaries has evolved into something like, "Babe, I like that flowers, mura lang oh, please buy that to me on our next monthsary." Or "Hmmmm... Daddy don't buy me any flowers ha, sayang rin yung €4, pwede na pang-add sa pangbili ng nappies!"

There have been months this year when both R and I have forgotten our monthsary. Ours is every 30th of the month. And to respond to your cringe, yes, we are that kind of couple who celebrate our monthsary from the very first month we became a couple. Parenthood has been one crazy roller coaster ride and we are still recovering from the shock of the newborn stage. Celebrating our monthsary, though still very important to us, isn't as it used to be. A hug followed by a kiss and a "happy xx monthsary" greeting have been enough these days.

Here are the flowers R gave me this year that I/we have been able to photograph:

January 30th


February 14th, Valentines Day


He gave me flowers too when I gave birth, and because we were busy surviving the early days, I wasn't able to photograph them. :(

April 30th, New Mom


May 30th


Here are my two guys, picking up the simple baby's breath I pointed out.


Thank you R, for these flowers, for loving me, for being God's amazing gift to me. Thank you that you give in to your flower-loving wife every month of the year. :)

No comments :