07 December 2016

Winter Memory and the End of Just Him and Me

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE | DAY 7


Winter is my least favorite season but this year's winter was different.  Winter this year marked my third trimester with baby Zeya. In stark contrast to the cold and gloomy winter days, our hearts were warm and rejoicing. It was just a matter of months before we welcome spring, before we hold our baby in our arms.

I am grateful for the last winter season of just me and R. Though it took away with it the freedom of just him and me, of being child free and care free, I could never thank the Lord enough for the past four winters in Ireland that Rolando and I endured together, figuratively and literally. 

And because this year's winter signalled the end of just me and R, we made sure we celebrated well all the milestones in our relationship, and rather grandly. We took weekends slow and easy. We sipped our coffees a little longer. We held hands more. We planned our finances better. We prayed more and more for the new life growing inside me, that all would be well come D-day.

***

One Sunday afternoon of January, we climbed Kiliney Hill, our favorite chill out spot in Dublin to just breathe in and thank the Lord for the end of this season and the beginning of a new one.  Holding hands, I took sideway glances to R more than he would ever know that afternoon. I knew our lives would change forever soon enough.

We watched the sun kissed the horizon goodbye. The light and flare were golden and beautiful.  I am always in awe of God's craftsmanship through nature. A climb on this hill always reminds me I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. That the Lord, no matter what season we are in our lives, is always in control. 


Then onto the seaside where we relied once again to the kindness of a stranger to take photo of us.


R took photos of me. Lots of them.


Then onto the obelisk and onto that side with the cityscape view in sight, which also made perfect backdrop to the setting of the sun.


***

I'm glad we took our DSLR with us. To capture the winter when we said goodbye to the life of "just us" because the next time we would be coming back was with my Mama, and then months later in the summer with Zeya. :)

No comments :