22 July 2012

Day 4: So Much Love Out There

4/30: Another Wedding. It sure feels like everyone is getting married. In the last three months, I've known about seven couples who tied the knot and sealed their love stories in marriage. Exactly two weeks after my own, my friend Hazel from my discipleship group got married in one intimate wedding. A preview for you:


It wasn't a long time ago when Hazel and I partnered in prayer one Thursday night. We were in the same boat: the Wedding Preparations Struggles Boat. It was both our prayer that God would shine on our wedding day and that we would love our partner even more during the crucial times of preparation. Months after, we took the plunge, said our vows and adapted to different surnames, by God's grace. :)

There's so much love out there, if I may say it. That's why I love attending weddings. Each wedding is a unique love story on its own. When I was still single, weddings made me believe that the Author of Love is at work and He writes love stories and makes them happen in His perfect time. In a world of increasing divorce rates and self sufficiency, I am happy to learn that people are still taking the risk of committing their lives to one person. I believe marriage is a beautiful thing because God Himself created it.

So for all of you who just took the risk, signed up a marriage contract and vowed to love (and annoy) that one person for the rest of your life, cheers! We just received that beautiful gift called MARRIAGE. :)

No comments :