23 July 2012

Day 5: That One White Dress

5/30: Bridal GownI looked far and wide for this one white dress that changed my life forever. :) 


"After all there is something about a wedding gown 
prettier than any other gown in the world."
~ Douglas William Jerrold

Yes, there is really something special about a wedding gown. In my opinion, it has earned a right to be prettier than any other dresses in the world because it speaks of finding LOVE. :)

I thought of writing this post because my gown received a lot of compliments (thank you very much! *wink). It actually took me three tiresome months of gown and designer hunting before I finally ran to someone who had a good portfolio but wasn't too pricey. I was losing weight dramatically so I settled for something that would wrap me up and make me look like a princess, even for a day. Thanks to Carmen Lazaro Couture for creating a simple combination of Princess Kate's and Nicole Richie's gown for me.

To be honest, I've never worn too many gowns in my life and my slim physique is both a blessing and a curse. Just saying that I do have insecurities you know :). But God, as He always did, took care of every worry in my heart. It turned out to be a wedding gown that's just right for me. It wasn't overwhelming, it wasn't heavy. To top it all, some fairy godmother from the other side of the world waved a wand for its creation, a wonderful blessing indeed! :)

          (photos above were taken from CL's FB page, for more photos of this gown, please see link.)

No comments :