05 December 2011

Rainbows and Tiny Hopes

I was finding it hard to think of one awesome thing to blog about today because of so many storms and big waves rocking my lifeboat. *Sigh. Then I remember this post that's been sitting in my draft. Also this afternoon, I was talking to an old Canadian lady and told her that I'm engaged, I'll be marrying in June and that hopefully it won't rain that day. She cheerfully narrated her son's wedding in Canada when the weather turned mad. But the family decided to hold the wedding outside anyhow, despite the damp skies and cold breeze. Suddenly during the ceremony, a beautiful rainbow popped in the horizon and everyone was just happy! It was a beautiful beautiful rainbow, she said. And she told me not to worry and that what mattered was the marriage, the bride and and the groom. I smiled and thanked her for sharing the story.

Because that's what exactly what I needed today, a rainbow, a silver lining, a tiny hope. Even a story of it appearing somewhere or photos three months ago will do to cheer me up. Please God, any small thing that will foster hope in my heart will do. Then I also remember: I have always wanted to capture a rainbow. It's been written on my photography wishlist since I became an enthusiast in 2009. How God grants the smallest desires of our hearts, in ways and places we never expected, is something about God that makes Him all the more endearing.

After two years, I finally captured not just one rainbow, but three rainbows, not just in one place, but in three different places, all in one day (September 17, 2011)!

First rainbow: taken inside the train to Kerry
Second Rainbow: Dingle Bay, County Kerry!  (fiance was so cold! :))
Third Rainbow: At Sneem River, County Kerry!
***

What happened today reminds me that days like this will happen, days when the waves seem to be too high and destructive for my own good, days when I ask God why. But God answers our prayers and whispers to us in subtle ways. Only when we really take time to lay down before him our concerns for the day will we be reminded that his grace is evident everywhere, through that rainbow story, through some old photos and memories, through some answered prayers in the past, no matter how big or small, through some hugs from family, through a phone call from the one who loves me most on earth.

Fiance just kept encouraging me tonight telling me that He overcome everything for my sake and to cling on to Him more, continue to give my best, and that he'll stand by me no matter what. That, together will all the tiny evidences of rainbows today, especially the hug I got from Mama, are enough to install some tiny hope in my heart.

Rainbows always happen after the rain, right? I'll just take time in my journey, one by one following His steps, no matter how much rain I have to endure. Because He has already shown me that He draws rainbows in the sky, He answers prayers, He is faithful, He makes all things possible, in His own time, not mine. Because at the end of it all, I will not have just a pot of gold. I'll have more. :)

Note: will do grammar check tomorrow. i better sleep now.

No comments :