01 December 2011

Wedding Preparations

I just love planning and preparing for the big day; loving every bit of it! You see I have this innate creative side that loves the tiniest of details. I'm most alive admiring the beauty of the small details that are mostly left unnoticed. Aside from that, I'm also your resourceful bride. :) I can spend all night rummaging the web searching for inspiration! 

But the reality is: wedding preps are indeed stressful. Thank God, I'm getting by with fiance's heroic patience and some help from friends here and there who've been there, who've done that. At first, I was giddy and excited, having been engaged only 3 months, I got overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. Right now though, I'm more focused (well, I should be!) But dear Lord, please prevent me from DIY-ing or trying to DIY everything! Hahaha!

Maybe now you'd like to know where we are so far including some of the gazillion inspirations, as I also like to find out on my own, hoping I've made progress and have a sound idea of where we are headed. To recap:

Wedding Date -  first thing I learned upon joining the wedding industry is to set the date. June 30, 2012 is our wedding! I never dreamt of being a June bride, but I'll be! 30th is our monthsary so we kinda wanted it to happen that day, plus 30th of June is a Saturday plus the practical sides of June as the slackest month in our career. My boss even told me I can have the whole June by myself! 

Motiff - pink and purple are a MUST! plus lots and lots of pastel colors!

my inspiration for a motif:
(photo credits to Sarahrhoads which by the way are simply fab photographers! i so love them!)

Venue - We wanted a Christian wedding in a garden setting, so a garden wedding it is! I've already made ocular inspection in Tagaytay with fiance's sisters and my mama. Got some shock with the rates though! Top two choices: Hillcreek and Splendido.  This is how I want my wedding ceremony to look like:

A girl can dream, right? :)

Theme - One thing I learned from my friend Jahyra is to set a wedding theme! I was shocked, honest, telling her, "may ganon?" But because we love photography and travels, that's the theme! On how to put that into a comprehensible and doable theme is still a work in progress. I was stalking Rhiz, a fab blogger and just admire everything about her wedding. And this is what their travel-themed wedding look like (in details):


Wedding Gowns - Sigh. I wish I could gain 10 pounds to pull one of these out! I love Kate's gown and might really request for a copy of her absolutely simple but elegant gown!


That's all for now. :)

No comments :