30 December 2010

That Day

Note: This note was posted in my FB in 3 January 2011, but for this personal blog, I have posted it the day it happened, the day Rolando and I officially became a couple.
***

 “I love you," he said, not for the first time since he confessed his intentions and crossed the line of our six-year friendship, but for the first time on that particular day (December 30, 2010). In a move that suprised us both, I finally uttered the words he waited patiently to hear for months---no hesitations, no stopping to reconsider, no more risk assessments, no more what ifs.

A moment of great silence enveloped us followed by mishmash of emotions.  I was scared, I was happy. Suddenly, everything that happened in the past---failed relationships, broken dreams, hurtful pruning from God---made sense.

As he locked me in a bear hug, still acting crazy and not absorbing the whole thing, I thanked God for the gift of Love and for answered prayers---my prayer, as a friend years back that he’d be able to meet Christ, my prayer that I’d be able to meet the right one and his fervent prayer for my YES.

I thank you, Author of Love, for writing this piece for him and me. May your other grander plans for our lives come true according to Your will.
    ***

Its all so strange. How can it be?
All along this love was right in front of me!
And for the first time, I am looking in your eyes.
For the first time, I am seeing who you are.
I can't believe how much I see,
When you're looking back at me.
Now I understand what love is...
Love is... For the first time.



No comments :