03 January 2016

2016 DIY Calendar

One of the things that excite my creative senses when the year changes is the yearly creation of our DIY Calendar. R knows how much I love doing it and this year is no different than the previous two years of making it. I spend time on it during the Christmas break, have it printed at a local pharmacy and then frame it. 

To see the last two calendars I made, go over to 2014 (happy feet-themed) and 2015 (travel-themed). I also made one for 2012 featuring Ireland. 

This year's is a mishmash of my favorite things taken in 2015---calligraphy, succulents, blue skies, cherry blossoms, autumn leaves and flowers. It also of course shows the scan of our answered prayer---our baby boy! The December one features R and I. :) 

Making a calendar somewhat transports me back to the memories made the previous years and how last year, I tried my utmost best to see the beauty in the little things and how God dealt with my heart along the way. Year 2015 was a year of surrendering and letting God take over and soothe my worrying and wandering heart, over and over again. It's a year of trusting that God would work for my good and while I was at it, to appreciate the life I was given, one day at a time.

In turn, the "trusting" and the "appreciating" flowed through the simple to the grandest moments of our 2015---the warm moments of sipping my favorite strawberry tea, the still moments of writing down the verses where I feel God was speaking to me, the moments of being blown-away by the outbursts of colors brought about by the changing seasons, the heart-warming moments of seeing our baby  well and healthy in every scan and check up. 

I can only hope and pray that 2016 would bring happier memories. :)
Now here's the printed version, displayed on my craft table, among other things. :)



In case you want a calendar of your photos to be made, I'd be delighted to do one for you. Just send me a message. :)

No comments :