07 July 2010

Embrace Me Tonight Lord


Can you embrace me for tonight Lord? Because tonight I'm feeling insignificant. I'm feeling lonely beyond compare. My heart aches and breaks into thousand pieces and I never quite know how to pick even a piece. My pillow is drenched with hurting teardrops and it's getting harder and harder to breath.

It's awful Lord, not just the tears, the mistakes, the failures, the insecurities. It's more than that. It's this feeling of being nothing, of not making a difference, of not being able to rise up to something I know I can be. It's the broken dreams. It's the scary feeling of not being able to rebuild them, of being stuck.

Lord, if this is really just a "phase" that I have to go through, please don't let it last for long.  Because I think it's been too long. I know you haven't forgotten about me. I know you're just there. But please, I'm begging you with all the remaining hope my heart can hold. Show me some light dear Father, a tiny one will do. I badly want to get out of this phase. I'm tired Lord. I'm bruised. I'm cracked.

I don't know for how much longer I can last. If there's got to be a purpose for my existence, please give me a clue. If you really have plans for me, please give me something to look forward to---a warm embrace perhaps for tonight Lord as I continue to cry myself to sleep. Embrace me God, please. Just embrace me tonight. :(

No comments :