10 September 2010

A simple reward

I've been traveling a great deal lately, albeit work-related. Just yesterday, I set foot in 3 different cities and navigated myself to 3 different airports in a span of 10 hours. For the first time in my life, I have known what being jet-lagged means. I felt hyper with all the caffeine I drank, groggy with all the transfers and when I checked in to my hotel, I felt so restless and sleepless despite the fact that I wanted to doze off so bad. 

But I love this part of my work. That I get to travel albeit locally. I've never been to Mindanao until this job so I'm taking it as an opportunity to see more of my own country. 

Last Friday, I and some officemates managed to escape work at 5 PM to climb a hill in Zamboanga City and watch the setting of the sun. I was told the sunsets uphill was lovely so I bugged my officemate to bring me there. The sun bid goodbye on our way uphill painting a warm reddish glow to the city. It didn't set where we expected it to so I had to find some ways to capture the lovely colors as a background.  

I don't mind traveling for work if at the end of the day, I will get a simple reward like this. :)

No comments :