28 September 2010

Is it too late to fall in love?

Oh God, this is going to be one "emo" post; bear with me. I blame this post to the wedding video of Rica Peralejo and Joe Bonifacio that I had taken hold of because I accompanied my friend to this huge and famous wedding fair in the city. Their love story just made me tear up. It was beautiful, it was blameless, it was God-ordained. 


Sigh. It's like everyone round my age are all getting married or getting engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for my friends, for the love that they found and for the life ahead of them. It's just that it also gets me thinking of my chance at love someday. Sometimes, in my prayer time, my heart aches when I pray and ask God to send me the right one. I know it's the deepest longing of my heart, to be loved and love in return. 

This time though, I promised God I won't settle for anyone whom I don't see myself in the long run, whom I don't share the same faith and values with. I made a huge mistake in the past and I don't wanna waste any more time giving chances to people just because they are there. This time, I know what I wanted---I wanted God to do the leading. I wanted Him to lead me to the right one, to whom I will grow with in my faith walk. 

Is it too late? Will I ever find the "one" that is "wedding worthy"? Or maybe to paraphrase it, will God ever lead me to the aisle one day wearing a lovely white lace dress? The thing that God tells me in all of this is simple: spend time with me first. Let me mold you first to the woman I want you to become. I'll take care of the rest. 

No comments :