07 January 2012

2012 Goals

I'll just interrupt my 30 Awesome Things challenge to give way to this traditional new year post. I know, it's been two weeks past 2012, but I've been super busy the past two weeks with fiance and I visiting possible wedding venues, sorting paper works, meeting people here and there, and some big changes at work.

I had to postpone blogging and just enjoyed the moments that we were together. :)


***

Hello 2012! I'm so excited about you and with all your infinite possibilities! Don't you just love the freshness and the second chances a new year brings? I very much do. 2011 has been the best year of my life, but 2012 could be the best of the best! Yes, with God, everything is possible and what you think as "best for your life" is nothing compared to the "best for your life in God's grand master plan." 

My goals for this year consist 
  1. Pursue Intimacy with God - this goal is aligned with our church's goal for 2012 (2011 goal was to pursue pleasing God). I know I have a lot to improve on my quiet/prayer time and attendance to Sunday service and Discipleship Group. I'll take it one baby step at a time. A Christian friend advised me to step up and show how God changes the way I handle my relationships, finances and faith. A huge and very difficult challenge for a toddler Christian like me. But I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength, right? :)
  2. Prioritize relationships - first with God, then with fiance, family, friends and co-workers. God's first commandment is the word "love", it centers on relationship, not on money, not on tasks, not on ambition. Loving someone the way Jesus did means doing inconvenient things, forgetting oneself, forgiving and asking forgiveness though every inch of me will protest in doing so. It's not being phony, it's being obedient, God will supply the right feelings afterwards. So dear God, help me on this. :)
  3. Prepare joyfully for our Wedding - "joyfully" being the operative word. To prepare, I can handle but how I do it matters big time. I confess I have the tendency to be obsessed and get worried with the tiniest of details, being the artsy crafty OC me. But really, mishaps will happen. Life, in general is like that. Enjoy the journey, not the destination, as they say. So I'll enjoy the wedding preps because I'll pass this way only once. :)
  4. Write about my life/faith journey and my wedding preparations - That goes to say I will write more and reflect more. I'll get to be a bride only once, and I'm sure, my whole wedding preps saga might be of help to some future brides out there. :)
  5. Sleep early, wake up early - Goal is to gain a healthier me on the big day. Plus of course, prevent tardiness. This is hitting two birds in one stone. :) 
  6. Work 8 hours a day - Workplace is a ministry and to set a good example is to give my best and work  the hours I'm paid for. Good thing, all social networking sites are blocked in my office, so hurray! If I'm productive at work, I'll surely have the nights for prayer and writing.
  7. Learn to drive - 

No comments :