13 February 2012

2012 Valentine Project

This Valentine Project is something I've always looked forward to since I got hooked to photography two years ago. Now on my third year, I feel nostalgic remembering the past years of waiting, hoping and praying for love, and eventually finding it.

You see, when I started this Valentine Project in 2010, I was single and not ready to mingle. The second year (2011) I was in a relationship. Now on my third year (2012), I'm engaged! Next year (2013), I'll be married! :) Somehow, this Valentine Project represents my faith in love and the One Who Authors it.

Back to being single in 2010, I never lost hope that God would give me that person whom I can grow with in faith. Coming from a relationship that was headed nowhere, I knew better. This time, I wouldn't settle for "someone who was just there" a.k.a. "pwede na." This time, I had requirements: I wanted God's best. Although friends around me started getting married one by one, I stayed calm. Truth be told, there were moments that I would cry out to God but it wasn't out of desperation or panic, but out of a desire to be pursued, to be chased, to be loved by a fellow Christian. I prayed relentlessly and waited patiently. I also acknowledged the fact that I, myself, needed a lot of growing up. I strove to become a better version of me.

To make the long story short, towards the end of 2010, God finally answered my prayer in the most surprising way. The man he gave me to love was just right there all along, a few feet away from me for five long years! We got engaged in September 2011 and now, the wedding preps are on-going. By God's awesome grace, we'll be sealing our love story in marriage in June 2012. :)

Here's the preview to 2012 Valentine Project, posted in full here. A Happy Valentines to all! ♥♥♥


No comments :