05 November 2012

Day 21: Hellooo Novembrrr, Hellooo Winterrr

21/30: First Winter Together. Suddenly, I cannot step outside without mummifying myself in layers and layers of cotton, wool, and windbreaker. Not to mention the leather gloves, the silk scarf and the thermal socks to complete the ensemble. Friends, winter season has finally arrived in this part of the world kicking out autumn's glory in such a freezing and numbing fashion that makes me wish for it to be over, ASAP. Pronto!

Quite frankly, I'm not thrilled about my first winter in Ireland and I'm not jumpy about experiencing snow either. Why? For the plain reason that this season is too unmercifully cold! I used to like it in the movies though dahil sa mga umuusok usok na bibig at uber cute na ear muffs, haha! To help me get through this below-5-deg November and to counter my winter misery, I'm listing down stuff to look forward to this month:

1)   Birthday of hubby.
2)   Cooking spaghetti on that day (his special request: Pinoy style spag).
3)   A trip to the countryside (*fingers crossed, hopefully this semi-free trip will push through.)
4)   Wrapping up the 30-day blogging challenge. 9 posts away. I don't have an excuse. I have the time.
5)   Joining the kids' ministry in church.
6)   Completing my quiet time/bible study on the Gospel of Matthew. I'm now in Chapter 6.
7)   Uploading wedding photos. I wonder if I'll ever receive edited copies. I can't possibly edit thousands of wedding photos, I'm not a professional!!! Ito ay isang panawagan. :(
8)   Editing photos from our day trip in Bray and Powerscourt and all the other photos in between!
9)   Learning to bake at least one decent and edible piece of cupcake.
10) Renewing our visas on the last week of Nov (so I can finally take job hunting more seriously and I can skip explaining to recruiters the complicated stamps and notes on my passport).

There you go. Now sharing with you my Instagram photos from the first five days of walking around Dublin in the wintery chill of November.
Surprisingly, I've captured colorful and vintage stuff along the way. I think I'm just not ready yet for less colorful photos depicting winter gloom. When the sun is up, it still looks autumn. There are still lots of strong and mighty leaves fighting for their lives in the whole Republic of Ireland. But it's only a matter of time. *_* 
(All photos via iPhone 3s, processed through Vintique app. Get it, you'll have an awesome time!)

No comments :