30 November 2012

Day 25: The Vows and The Rain

25/30Wedding Ceremony Pt2. Our 23rd months together today as a couple and 5th month being married :) Let me just indulge myself to some memories on that one rainy afternoon of June 30, 2012.
*** 
It was raining cats and dogs the whole morning. While I was being prepped up for the biggest day of my life, I knew there was nothing else I could do but to surrender everything, our hearts most importantly and the weather secondly, to the One who authored this day. We were having an outdoor ceremony, thus we badly needed a calm sky. "Please God, stop the rain" was my ceaseless prayer.

At 2 PM, the downpour ceased and the heavy gray clouds disappeared. A sigh of thanks and relief. Fast forward to the ceremony at 4:30 PM, the entourage marched down the aisle in a humid afternoon. I walked down to meet my groom and eventually, our officiating pastor took over. It was a pretty calm sight during the ceremony despite the uncomfortable humid air hovering over us.


Half-way through the message, the sky suddenly darkened. At that moment, Lando and I held hands tight. I knew we were individually knocking on heaven's door for the weather to calm down again. But it didn't. Then came our vows which were delivered with the presence of harsh winds and droplets of rain.


But as you can see, we only had our eyes and ears on each other. :)

Just seconds after I finished my vows, it rained! At that moment, I just completely let go. I whispered to my groom, "Let's  just enjoy this day. This will only happen once and look, ang daming tao, di natin ito inexpect!"

So therefore, the ceremony had taken a halt. Everyone scattered frantically looking for a shelter. After a while, the rain stopped and the ceremony was resumed but this time, the audience were all over the place. We didn't mind. Look, we were running giddily, entangled in our veil and cord!


The rest of the ceremony was done in a rush but at least the major part was over: the message and the vows.


As you can see, we stood under the umbrella all the way through the completion of the ceremony. :)

***Later, we heard comments that it was "swerte" daw when it rained on your wedding. Someone even added that we were going to be rich! Someone on the other hand asked what I felt when the rain poured down. I simply answered, "Sabi ko lang kay Lando, i-eenjoy lang namin yung araw na yun, sobra yung hirap namin sa preps, we just wanted our wedding to be over yet still enjoy every minute of it. Besides, it was beyond our control na. In the end, we surrendered that it was God's will to rain that day. I think that was His way of making our wedding memorable, of humbling us or perhaps testing our faith, if we would grumble over it. And actually, what I'd like to think was... He was also blessing us, in a unique way! He had turned us into rainmakers, that's got to mean something!" :)

No comments :