24 November 2012

Day 24: A Walk to Remember

24/30: Wedding Ceremony Pt1. So it came to this very moment. I was finally being ushered to walk down the aisle after one final touch of make-up.  From where I was sitting, about 30 feet away from the garden ceremony set up, I could sense the crowd's anticipation and weariness (the program was running late by 30 minutes) and it was a humid 4:30 PM, I could never blame anyone. My heart was simply overwhelmed with gratitude: all seats were taken and half of the attendees were even standing. They had taken time to travel all the way to Tagaytay for this one chaotic day of an event. For me. For Lando. For us.

"Ms Lai, Godbless!" I heard my make-up artist uttered while walking away. It was about time. From the open space, a soft intro to our chosen bridal entrance song started to fill the air:

"Ikaw ang pangako taglay ng isang bituin...
Tanging pangarap sa Diyos ay hiling
Makapiling sa bawat sandali..."

I stood up from the golf cart, my knees wobbly from being the center of attention. I had never been one in my lifetime. As I took my first step, all the wedding preps stress were finally being lifted off my shoulders. All the struggles we had gone through started to melt away.


As I took another step forward, it was just him that I was thinking about, the people faded to a soft blur.

"Ikaw ang pag-ibig sa araw at gabi...
Ikaw ang pag-asang tanglaw sa dilim
Napapawing hirap at pighati"

It was then that I saw you near. You were half-smiling, and you whispered from where you were standing, looking straight to my eyes, "This is it." 


"Langit ang buhay sa tuwing ika'y hahagkan
Anong ligaya sa tuwing ika'y mamasdan
Sa piling mo ang gabi tila araw
Ikaw ang pangarap, ikaw lamang..."

And the song went on... and is still playing in my ears up to this very day. :)

No comments :