22 November 2012

Day 22: Happy Birthday Hubby

22/30: Birthday. The love of my life turned 31 today at exactly 6:00 AM (yep we checked his birth certificate for the time, the nerd that we are!) And as such, I want to take this once-in-a-year life event to honor him (publicly, through this post). :) Links to his past birthdays: 2010 (courtship stage) and 2011 (engaged).

Last night after our dinner, I asked him what his birthday wishes were. He said he only had two: (1) He wants to be closer to God and (2) He wants me to be happy. "But I am happy!" I exclaimed. "Yes, but I want you to be always happy!" his reply. And at that moment, my heart just melted, once again, for the man that God willed to be with me in this life journey.


You see, I happened to marry someone who prioritizes my needs more than his (that annoys me at times to be honest because I want him to think of himself too). But Rolando has been like that with me ever since he courted me. For example, that recent issue of the socks. I came to Dublin with only a pair of socks while his were already thinning and inhabiting holes. I  begged for him to buy new ones because I knew how awfully they must hurt against his leather shoes, but instead he insisted on buying new pairs for me (Me who didn't have to go to work 5 times a day, and who didn't have to come home for lunch and walk 40 minutes to and fro!) I grabbed two pairs for him alibi-ing he probably needed a thicker pair for the cold weather, and with that he conceded.

That, and so many countless sacrifices he has made for me never fail to touch a big part of my heart in ways that humble and bless me and oh yes, spoil me! I also happened to be married to someone who is not the typical "Pinoy" guy whose idea of having a good time consists of staying late at night with friends and beers. He would rather be branded as kill joy than compromise his values. He loves his family so much and he cares and thinks for his beloved parents more than one can count. He reads his bible. He strives for excellence at work. He sings to me when I'm feeling down. He massages my foot and washes the dishes though he is tired from work. He rebukes me lovingly.  He cheers for my dreams.

I could go on and on... But at this time of writing, he's waiting for me in his office (he's taking a half-day VL so we can celebrate and cook his requested dish, the Pinoy Style Spaghetti, wish us luck!).

Dearest hubby, I love you so much and I can't thank God enough in this lifetime that He blessed me with such a wonderful and loving husband, a faithful prayer partner, an awesome photographer, a funny travel buddy, and an honest-to-goodness bestfriend. I celebrate life with you and I love you with all the love my heart can ever contain! 


Us on our recent trip to Galway :)

No comments :