24 November 2010

Won't Last a Day Without You


"When there's no gettin' over that rainbow,
When my smallest of dreams won't come true
I can take all the madness the world has to give...
But I won't last a day without you..."

Our typical day starts with him greeting me good morning. That's the cue to our day-long chat, a day of chitchats about anything under the sun... in Singapore and in the Philippines. Him in SG, me in PH or wherever it is in this planet that we feel like talking about. :)

We share everything, from the mundane tidbits of our day to the most treasured dreams in our hearts. Trivial things suddenly become the source where the sincerest and simplest of affections flow. Eat muna. Rest ka na. Bangon na baka malate ka. Drink lots of water.

Sure, our days are not perfect even if we have each other on the other line. We face challenges at work. We deal with stuff that test our faith. We walk in two different worlds where we don't physically see each other everyday. That's the reality of him being there and me being here. Long distance as they say.

It's hard now and I know it'll be harder in the next coming days, months, perhaps years. Right now though, it's enough that we know we have each other, that we can talk (thanks to technology) in any means possible without depleting him of his resources (long distance calls, I know they're expensivel.. hehe). :)

What's keeping me and us now is that at the end of the day, we know we have each other. Our talks at night about how our day went, the people we met, the things that made us laugh, keep us going. Sealing our nights in prayer is always, always, the sweetest thing in this world that I will never ever trade for anything, not a million dollar.

Yes, no matter how hard the day is, I can't last it without him. He's always enough for me. Always.

No comments :