01 December 2016

Let Me Blog Again


Hello World Wide Web.

It's been years since I was active in chronicling my life through this blog. From the mundane everyday stuff to the major events in my life, I used to be faithful in memory-keeping them through this online space. A lot have happened since then---I got married, moved to Ireland, changed jobs, traveled to Europe, entered ministry, got pregnant and recently, gave birth to a darling baby boy named Isaiah Patrick whom we fondly call Zeya.

It was sometime in 2013 when I felt a strong desire to rename and reformat this blog. I failed miserably thus ended up taking a long hiatus and painfully neglecting this little space of mine.  I had written here once in a while since then but it was never meant to be shared anymore. To date, I have dozens of entries in my draft folder which are just accumulating web dusts and remain just that---drafts. 

2014 and 2015 came and I still couldn't get my bearing to finish re-formating this blog. I hit too many road blocks including formatting and photo sizing issues which made the whole re-formating seemed like a gigantic task. Ignoring this blog became the lazier and the easier option. It was just too much work and well, life happened along the way.

Now I found myself in the last month of 2016, a first time mom who is trying so hard not just to survive but to thrive. In the rare quietness of this messy and crazy journey called motherhood, I heard a still small voice telling me to go back to blogging, a voice I just couldn't ignore anymore, a voice which keeps me awake at night (well apart from night-nursing Zeya) telling me how I used to love  writing my thoughts into words and how I still long for the therapeutic effect it has on me. So here I am, armed with coffee and a prayer asking God to keep Zeya sleeping soundly so I can publish this post. :)

For the longest time this blog was titled Simply Lai. It took me a long time, three years to be precise, to finally take a leap and change this blog's name to just my name---Laidel May, with the permission of R who was totally okay with the omission of my surname.

So welcome to my renamed blog, laidelmay.blogspot.ie. I'll be blogging on topics that are close to my heart at this season of my life---motherhood, marriage and faith, and a little bit of travels, book reviews and crafts.

This online space of mine is still very much in progress. I am warning you now that you'll find missing photos and grammatical  errors here and there. You will also find broken links as a result of renaming my blog. You will find posts from years ago that are suddenly missing. Bear with as I intend to work on all these, one day at a time as I juggle my mommy and wifely duties.

I've read somewhere that starting all over again is taking two steps forward and then one step backwards. You know what? I'm willing to do that. It'll be a very slow, painstaking process but I'll focus on progress not perfection.

Thanks for stopping by and cheers to this revival. :)

No comments :