11 December 2016

Nesting Period

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE | DAY 11


Nesting is defined as the period in pregnancy when there is an overwhelming desire to get your home ready for your new baby.

Nest, we did. I'm grateful for the surges of desire to get our modest-sized apartment ready for the new addition. It made the pregnancy experience all the more exciting. I can tell you the times we "nested" and why I'm grateful for them.

WORTH WAITING FOR

We had seen this onesie in a shop in the city while we were strolling late at night after we had our 20-week scan. I gasped when I saw it in the glass display and told Rolando I wanted to buy it; the shop was however closed by then. Next Saturday he had to work but came home with this nice little paper bag. If only our baby knew how much we've loved him from the start. He truly was worth waiting for.


And here are the first few clothes we bought for our baby. We didn't buy much because a lot of people have blessed us with new and pre-loved baby clothes, and we are extremely grateful for that. The baby shower my churchmates blessed me with was worthy of another post. What could be more exciting than filling up a baby's wardrobe? 


NURSERY OF OUR DREAMS

Like many first-time parents, we checked out the shops as well for that model nursery. We loved everything about this room. However, we couldn't afford it and we didn't have the space. I'm grateful that we could do a little dreaming even so. It taught us to save and spend our money well so we could finally own our home. For us, but most especially for our little one.


This was the actual nursery corner R set up for Zeya. We planned on co-sleeping so we bought a co-sleeper little cot. In a way, this nesting period gradually helped us to adjust to the life of three and helping us have peace in surrendering our once-nice-and-minimalist bedroom. :)



SOMETHING BLUE IN THE LAUNDRY

There was something therapeutic and utterly satisfying in hanging up baby stuff in the clotheslines. I was already imagining wrapping up the muslin and the towels in my tiny baby's body and covering his tiny hands with these mittens. 


I'm truly glad we nested well and smart. If I were to do this whole pregnancy thing again, I'd gladly nest again, heart and soul. :)

No comments :